An aromatic plant from the Mediterranean region, with grey-green needle-like leaves and small whitish to blue flowers. It likes very sunny areas and arid land. Depending on the soil in which it grows, it offers us three different essential oils. In this case, the ABV chemotype - with Bornyl acetate and Verbenone - comes from Corsica, or sometimes from South Africa, and offers penetrating, warm and flowery fragrances.
Most frequent uses
- Oral use ++
Gentle olfaction +
- Skin use: +++
External use ++
- Face ++
- Body ++
- Hair ++
Internal use: no
Its essential oil is quite distinct from the other two chemotypes of the species - cineole and camphor - in its complexity: it contains monoterpenes, ketones (camphor in moderate quantities and especially verbenone), an ester (bornyl acetate) and 1,8 cineole, the content of which is quite low this time.
- Promotes digestion and supports the metabolism.
- Energising, helps to reduce temporary fatigue.
- Contributes to respiratory comfort.
- Supports the metabolism during slimming.
- Provides energy and resistance in case of temporary fatigue.
- Provides support in times of mental tension.
- Purifies problematic skin and scalp.
- Adds a warm, round note to cosmetic treatments
- Toning, regenerating, anti-ageing.
- Soothes problematic, irritated skin, prone to redness and pimples.
- Helps to care for problematic hair.
The aroma of Rosemary essential oil reflects its richness and balance: warm, complex, penetrating. Like all Rosemary chemotypes, it puts the senses on alert and combats mental lethargy, but with restraint. It allows active lucidity with regard to ourselves and the world around us. It calms excesses and helps to break out of addictive patterns. It is an essential oil of balance and harmony.
The information provided in this Guide to Essential Oils is for information purposes only: it is a synthesis of the properties described in recognised aromatherapy books and/or in accordance with ancestral and popular traditions. The properties presented are extracted from the works cited in the bibliography below. This is in no way a medical information or a list of indications.
Precautions for use
- Food supplement. Not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dose (1 drop twice a day, maximum 75mg).
- Consult a health care practitioner for advice.
- Not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women or children under 6 years of age.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years of age without medical advice.
- Not suitable for the elderly or for people with epilepsy or a history of convulsions.
- Not recommended for oral use in case of liver, biliary or pancreatic disorders.
- Not recommended in case of hormone-dependent pathologies (breast, ovary, endometrium).
- Prefer occasional, well-dosed applications over short periods of time.
- Do not use for long periods without medical advice.
- To be avoided for atmospheric diffusion, otherwise dilute to a maximum of 10% in a mixture with other milder essential oils.
- Risk of allergy (limonene, linalool, geraniol): take care not to overdose in mixtures. An elbow test is recommended prior to any skin application (at least 48 hours before use).
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Keep away from sources of heat and light.
- Emotional impact
- Develop an emotional balance, Free oneself from addictions, harmful habits, Promote lucidity and mental acuity, To free oneself from negative feelings that generate anxiety
- Olfactory notes
- Skin type
- Dry skin, Oily skin, Wrinkles & fine lines, blemished skin, mixed skin
- Slow cosmétique label
- Detox, Respiratory comfort, Small winter ailments