The essential oil of organic hemp, cannabis sativa, still very rare and confidential. Hemp is a very generous plant, cultivated for its leaves, fruits, oil seeds, fibres and resin. The essential oil does not contain any cannabinoids as does hemp vegetable oil. Organic hemp essential oil consists mainly of sesquiterpenes (beta-caryophyllene, humulene) and monoterpenes. It is powerfully anti-inflammatory and analgesic. It is also known to have an anti-spasmodic action, which is interesting in the case of gastrointestinal disorders. Its relaxing action makes it an ally against stress, worries and to promote serene sleep.
Recent studies tend to demonstrate its effect on pain reduction in people with multiple sclerosis.
Uses in aromatherapy
- a few drops in an air diffuser to clear the air and decongest the respiratory tract
- diluted in a vegetable oil and massaged into the skin to relieve sore muscles, stomach aches or to facilitate breathing
- in a soothing treatment for irritated, sensitive skin
- in a youthful skin care recipe to preserve skin firmness and slow down the appearance of wrinkles
- in a recipe for repairing lip balms
- in your cold process soap recipes, alongside organic hemp seed oil for example
- Slow cosmétique label