Rosemary is an aromatic plant long considered sacred. Already known in ancient times, it is commonly consumed as an herbal tea or used in cooking as a condiment. This variety, which is particularly abundant in North Africa, produces an essential oil with camphor and kinetic notes.
- Oral use +
Gentle olfaction ++
- Skin use: +++
- Bathing: +
External use +++
- Face ++
- Body +++
- Hair +++
Internal use +
Essential oil with a high content of 1.8 cineole, an oxygenating molecule. It also contains monoterpenes, monoterpenols, esters and ketones. The presence of camphor means that it must be handled with care.
- Aids digestion.
- Soothing, contributes to respiratory comfort.
- Promotes digestive comfort, supports good intestinal function.
- Toning and oxygenating, contributes to muscular comfort.
- Provides energy and resistance in case of temporary fatigue or significant mental pressure.
- Helps to care for skin and scalp prone to pimples and irritation.
- When diffused, helps to clean the air.
- Useful during periods of learning or exams, improves concentration and favours memorization.
- Regenerating, participates in the purifying care of problematic skin and scalp. Helps to reduce dandruff.
- Toning, useful in case of hair loss.
- Adds a fresh, camphorated note to cosmetic treatments.
- Can be used with both savoury (meat, vegetable mixtures) and sweet dishes (fruit compotes, etc.).
Composed of fresh, penetrating, airy aromas, Rosemary Cineole essential oil dispels mental confusion and clears the mind. This is a very airy character indeed, with a lively mind, and which favours the capacity for analysis.
The data given in this Guide to Essential Oils is for information purposes only: it is a synthesis of the properties described in recognised aromatherapy books and/or in accordance with ancestral and popular traditions. The properties presented are extracted from the works cited in the bibliography below. This is in no way a medical information or a list of indications.
- Food supplement. Not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dose (1 drop twice a day, maximum 80 mg).
- Not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women, or for young children.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Not to be given orally to children under 12 years of age.
- Not suitable for epileptics or asthmatics (especially for diffusion or inhalation).
- Preferably applied to the skin, in the right doses, over short periods.
- Possible irritation if used pure: dilute for skin application.
- Risk of allergy (limonene): take care not to overdose in mixtures. An elbow test is recommended prior to any skin application.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Keep away from sources of heat and light.
- Emotional impact
- Keep a cool head, Promote lucidity and mental acuity
- Olfactory notes
- Skin type
- Normal skin, Oily skin, Wrinkles & fine lines, blemished skin, mixed skin
- Slow cosmétique label
- Focus, General tonus & Energy, Respiratory comfort