This essential oil-free shampoo is suitable for the whole family and for mothers-to-be. Rich in soothing calendula, it is very gentle on the scalp and contributes to healthy, strong hair.
Ingredients for a solid shampoo
- 60 g of SCI
- 20 ml water
- 10 ml organic coconut oil
- 10 ml organic calendula macerate
- 2 g yellow or white beeswax
- 3 g organic vegetable glycerine
- a pan for your water bath
- a stainless steel bowl
- a spatula
- a mini whisk
- a precision scale
- a mould of your choice (e.g. silicone kitchen mould or DIY recycling mould)
- Make sure you wear a mask and eye protection as SCI is very volatile and can be irritating.
- Melt the SCI surfactant with the water, coconut vegetable oil and beeswax in a water bath and mix gently with a mini whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add the calendula macerate. Mix well to incorporate the SCI into the rest of your preparation to obtain a paste.
- Add the vegetable glycerine and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture into your silicone mould. Place the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes, then leave to dry for 48 hours at room temperature before use.