White Clay Solid Shampoo for Normal Hair
Our zero waste normal hair shampoo recipe to make at home with a few utensils
Ingredients to make a solid shampoo
- 60 g of SCI
- 20 ml water
- 6 g organic shea butter
- 6 g organic coconut oil
- 6 g ultra-fine white clay powder
- 2 g organic white or yellow beeswax
- 3 g organic vegetable glycerine
- 10 drops of organic whole ylang-ylang essential oil
- a saucepan for the water bath
- a stainless steel bowl
- a spatula
- a mini whisk
- a precision scale
- a silicone mould (kitchen mould)
- Make sure you wear a mask over your nose and eye protection as SCI is very volatile and can be irritating to the respiratory tract.
- Melt the SCI surfactant with the water, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in a double boiler and mix gently.
- Remove from the heat and add the white clay, mixing well to incorporate the SCI into the rest of your preparation to obtain a paste.
- Finally, add the organic whole ylang-ylang essential oil and the glycerine and mix again.
- Transfer your mixture into a silicone mould and pack well.
- Place your mould in the fridge for 30 minutes and then leave to dry for 48 hours at room temperature before use.