Known since the beginning of the first millennium, lavender has been distilled in Europe since the 16th century. This species of lavender, Lavandula angustifolia Millet CT Maillette, true lavender par excellence, also known as "fine lavender" or "population lavender", is cultivated at the foot of Mont Vantoux, at an altitude of around 800 metres.
- Oral use ++
Gentle olfaction +++
- Skin use +++
- Bath +++
External use +++
- Face +++
- Body +++
- Hair +++
- Internal use ++
The essential oil of this organic True lavender contains many constituents, in particular linalyl acetate in significant proportion, and lavandulyl acetate. Linalool has the good taste to remain discreet in front of these two esters, particularly relaxing molecules.
- Calming and relaxing, contributes to good sleep.
- Calming, helps to reduce mental pressure and promotes restful sleep.
- Relaxing, brings muscular comfort.
- Stimulating, helps concentration.
- Soothing, relieves stress and tension.
- Helps to care for and repair skin irritated by the sun, wind, etc.
- Adds a soft, floral touch to cosmetic treatments.
- Soothing and regenerating, helps care for red or sensitive skin.
- Soothes problematic skin and scalp.
- Goes well with desserts (ice creams, biscuits...), brings original gustatory and olfactory notes.
With its sweet and floral aroma, the essential oil of True Lavender reveals its familiarity with the emotional domain. For everyone, it is a balancing principle with very "maternal" accents, capable of erasing all excesses or outbursts, all asperities... a caricature that has a hard life. In reality, lavender instils a capacity to adapt to any situation, with a peaceful heart. It regulates emotional instability and promotes a state of well-being.
The information provided in this Essential Oil Guide is for information purposes only: it is a synthesis of the properties described in recognised aromatherapy books and/or in accordance with ancestral and popular traditions. The properties presented are extracted from the works cited in the bibliography below. This is in no way a medical information or a list of indications.
- Food supplement. Not a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dose (2 drops twice a day, maximum 140 mg).
- Not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy. May be used from the second trimester onwards by the skin, respecting the dosage and only on the advice of a health professional.
- Not recommended for young children. May be used from 30 months of age, in strict accordance with the dosage and only on the advice of a health professional.
- Risk of allergy (limonene, linalool): take care not to overdose in mixtures. An elbow test is recommended prior to any skin application (at least 48 hours before use).
- Avoid all contact with the eyes.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Keep away from sources of heat and light.
- Emotional impact
- Develop an emotional balance, Seek emotional comfort
- Olfactory notes
- Floral, Herbaceous
- Skin type
- Dry skin, Normal skin, Oily skin, Sensitive skin, Wrinkles & fine lines, blemished skin, mixed skin
- Slow cosmétique label
- Muscular comfort, Quiet sleep, Stress, headache, insect and sea animal bites, relax, sunburn