Dive into the magic of winter and learn to love the cold season with plants that do you good. Inhalation with essential oils, soothing massage, warming footbath, detox drink with hydrosols, initiate yourself to the little winter rituals to get through this frosty season serenely.
Learn to enjoy winter by taking care of yourself with plants, essential oils and hydrosols. Our little winter rituals.
A foot bath with oxygenating scents, to relax the whole body. Dip your feet in a mixture of Dead Sea salt, Scots pine and balsam fir essential oils.
For a foot bath:
- Balsam Fir Essential Oil - 6 drops
- Scots pine essential oil - 6 drops
- Sweet orange essential oil - 6 drops
- Sweet almond or jojoba oil - 1 teaspoon
- Dead Sea salt - a large handful
- In a bowl, mix the vegetable oil with the essential oils, then pour in the coarse salt and mix to impregnate well.
- Pour the mixture into a tub of hot water, stirring to dissolve the salt with the essential oils.
- Dip your feet and enjoy for 10 to 15 minutes.
Roadside warming oil
For massaging your feet every morning or after a walk. This oil has a warming effect thanks to the essential oil of cypress, the warmth of ginger and the invigorating action of the essential oil of juniper, which promotes the circulation of energy and gives you a boost.
For one 50 ml bottle of foot massage oil:
- Sesame vegetable oil - 48 ml
- Juniper essential oil - 35 drops
- Ginger essential oil - 5 drops
- Cypress essential oil - 5 drops
Pour the vegetable oil and essential oils into a disinfected bottle, shake well, it's ready!
Storage: in a cool and dark place, your oil will keep for 6 months to a year.
Winter magic inhalation
To encourage full breathing, this wet inhalation blends eucalytus radiata, ravintsara and black spruce. A true Canadian forest scent!
- Black spruce essential oil - 1 drop
- Ravintsara essential oil - 1 drop
- Eucalyptus radiata essential oil - 1 drop
Pour the drops into a bowl of warm water, place your face over the bowl, with a towel over your head to catch the steam.
Close your eyes (to prevent the essential oils from irritating them) and breathe for 5 minutes.
You can do this inhalation twice a day in case of a blocked nose or winter respiratory discomfort.
Relaxing massage oil with lavender
Every evening after the shower, massage your body with our officinal lavender macerate from the Hautes-Alpes. This macerate is a real treatment in itself, its soft scent will envelop you with the soothing and relaxing effect of lavender.
Ideal to fall asleep serene and soothed.
Lavender is also known to encourage inspiration!
Detox drink with blackcurrant and rosemary verbenone hydrosols
A tasty blend of fruity blackcurrant and aromatic rosemary for a detoxifying, draining, digestive and revitalising herbal tea.
- Blackcurrant Hydrosol - 1/3 teaspoon
- Rosemary Verbenone Hydrosol - 2/3 teaspoon
In a cup of hot but not boiling water, pour a teaspoon of the above hydrosol mixture. Sip quietly!
You can drink this tea one to three times a day, it is ideal after meals to promote digestion. Drink it whenever you like or as a 21-day treatment.
This recipe can also be made in a glass of cool water!
Dark chocolate and bergamot cakes
The combination of dark chocolate and bergamot essence with a subtle, elegant and tangy flavour, for very comforting winter snacks.
A recipe from the book "Cooking with essential oils and floral waters" by Valérie Cupillard, published by La plage.
For 6 cupcakes:
- 6 drops of bergamot essence
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 60g butter or margarine
- 100g cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a saucepan, melt the dark chocolate with the butter and cane sugar over low heat. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add the 6 drops of bergamot essence and mix again.
- Add the rice flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into 6 small cake tins and place in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool before unmoulding. Enjoy!