Natural soap with gourmet honey
Ingredients to make 1kg of natural honey soap
- 780g organic olive oil
- 160g organic coconut oil
- 60g organic filtered natural shea butter - 15g yellow beeswax
- 10g honey
- 5g poppy seeds (optional)
- 7g organic patchouli essential oil
- 3g organic sweet orange essential oil
- 278g water
- 130g caustic soda
For the detailed steps and all the good practices for making soaps, see the step-by-step explanations in the "Making your own natural soaps" file.
- Weigh the soda and dissolve it in 278g of water.
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax and add the olive oil, mixing well. Add the honey and mix again.
- When your oil mixture and soda solution are both at about 44°C, pour the soda solution into the oil mixture and mix/mix until you see the trace.
- Add the patchouli and sweet orange essential oils and the poppy seeds to your preparation and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your mould.