Do-it-yourself aloe vera gel
Follow our step by step recipe to make your own Aloe Vera gel at home, a 100% natural cosmetic product
Ingredients for 100 ml
- 100 ml mineral water
- 0.5 g aloe vera powder
- 1 g xanthan gum
- 20 drops of cosgard
- 1 bowl
- 1 mini whisk
- 1 graduated foot
- 1 funnel
- 1 digital scale
- 1 x 100 ml bottle with dispenser
- Clean and disinfect equipment, utensils, work surfaces and hands.
- In a bowl, rehydrate the aloe vera powder by adding the mineral water. Mix together.
- After weighing the xanthan gum, add it to the mixture a little at a time, mixing vigorously to remove any lumps.
- Once you have obtained your gel, transfer the mixture into the bottle using the funnel and add the cosgard. Screw on the pump, shake and you're ready to go!
Personalise your aloe vera gel by replacing the mineral water with the hydrosol that best suits your needs:
- Fine lavender hydrosol for its soothing properties
- Rose hydrosol for its regenerating properties
- Rose geranium hydrosol for its soothing properties on reddened skin