Mango butter lip balm
A balm to be used at will in winter, when the lips are particularly sensitive to the cold and can become really uncomfortable.
Ingredients for 15 ml (3 lip sticks)
- 3 g mango butter
- 2 g shea butter
- 1 g cocoa butter
- 3 ml apricot kernel oil
- 2 ml rosehip oil
- 1 g white beeswax
- 2 drops of vitamin E
- 2 drops of sweet orange oil
- 1 drop of cistus essential oil
- A 250 ml beaker (with a spout for easy filling of the sticks)
- A mini whisk
- A scale
- Optional: a thermometer to check the temperature of the water (between 62 and 65° C)
- 3 x 5 ml lip sticks
- Clean and disinfect equipment, utensils, work surfaces and hands.
- Put the mango butter, cocoa butter, shea butter and beeswax in the beaker.
- Heat the beaker in a bain-marie: the beaker must be in contact with the hot water without being in contact with the container that contains it; the temperature of the water will be between 62 and 65° C, the temperature necessary for the beeswax to melt.
- When the 3 ingredients have melted, add the apricot kernel and rosehip oils.
- Add vitamin E and essential oils.
- Mix all the ingredients well with the mini whisk.
- Divide the mixture between the three sticks and leave to cool.