How to boost your immune system in autumn?
The immune system is a complex set of cells and molecules that monitor the entire body. In autumn, it is particularly interesting to fortify our immune system to help the body better respond to winter viruses and epidemics.
A good immunity is based first of all on a balanced lifestyle:
- Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep per night. In fact, getting 4 hours less sleep reduces the activity of our immune system by 30%!
- A healthy diet: focus on seasonal vegetables and fruit, avoid refined sugars, stimulants and alcohol,
- Calming stress: try to lower your stress level through gentle practices such as breathing, meditation, yoga and walks in nature.
- Get moving: try to get at least 20 minutes of physical activity a day
- Drink pure water every day (coffee, herbal teas and tea do not count)
- Air your home and workplace daily
- Naturopathy recommends an autumn detoxification cure to purify our emunctories (liver; kidneys) before winter
In addition to a healthy lifestyle, plants can help strengthen and support the immune system.
Which essential oils support the immune system?
The organic lemon essential oil cure to strengthen the immune system.
How to use?
3 drops to be swallowed with a vegetable oil (rapeseed or hemp for example), morning and evening for 10 days. This cure can be carried out every month throughout the autumn and winter period if it is well tolerated, with a 15-day break between each cure.
Benefits of this treatment:
Lemon essential oil will promote the proper functioning of the liver, strengthen the immune system, lighten digestion, provide a global toning action.
This treatment is for adults only and should be avoided if you are taking anticoagulant medication.
Saro essential oil applied to the skin
How to use?
Every morning, put 1 drop of Saro essential oil on each wrist and breathe deeply.
Immunostimulant, broad spectrum anti-infectious, Saro essential oil strengthens the immune system and supports the vitality of the system. The olfaction of Saro essential oil contributes to its invigorating action at the level of the respiratory tree and promotes relaxation and clear thinking.
do not use on children under 6 years, pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Which hydrosols to strengthen your immunity?
Hydrosols are good long-term allies in maintaining good immune function, with a gentler action than that of essential oils.
How to use?
Every day, dilute in 1L of water: 1 tablespoon of thyme hydrosol and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon hydrosol. Drink throughout the day (not after 4/5pm as these hydrosols have a tonic effect), for 21 days.
This hydrosol blend will regulate digestion, support the immune system and bring its revitalising action to the body.
do not use for children under 6 years old, pregnant and breastfeeding women.